Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gino's Brick Oven Pizza

I follow two food bloggers, Anton Diaz of http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/ and Lori Baltazar of http://www.dessertcomesfirst.com/.  Thanks to them, Hub and I get to discover hidden restaurants and uber yummy desserts.

We live near the Katipunan area and had it not been for Lori's post on Gino's Pizza, I would have been able to try the best pizza (for me) later rather than sooner!

Lunch last Saturday was at Gino's, I didn't even know it was there.  Located on the 2/F of the building where Mercury Drug is in Katipunan, there isn't a sign outside so it's very easy to miss.  The restaurant is right beside Cello's Doughnuts, well they actually share a big space, a wall divides the two restos.  Found out that yes indeed, they are from the same owners.   

Pizza has always been my favorite food of ALL time.  You can give me any kind of pizza, from 3M, to panizzas, to homemade loaf bread pizzas.  And can I just tell you that Gino's did not disappoint (for the pizzas, at least).

We ordered the Margherita and the Sausage pizzas, plus the Tomato Basil pasta for A.  Lori mentioned that pastas are made fresh here at Gino's, so all the pastas you will eventually eat here are not the supermarket-bought variety.  You can order their iced tea with a hint of calamansi by the pitcher for only P 120.



The crust was perfect, not too thick, not too chewy.  Reminded me of the bread my then boyfriend (and now known as the Hub ;) ) were scrimping on during a trip to Washington DC http://www.getcosi.com/capitolhill/.  The pizza sauce worked well with the kesong puti (carabao's milk cheese) and basil. 

The Tomato Basil pasta, was also good, however it was a bit watery.  We skipped dessert because we planned on getting doughnuts from next door instead.  But finishing a whole pizza each, plus a few spoonfuls of spaghetti did not leave enough space for dessert.

I've said this to my friends who asked me how the food was here at Gino's,  the food would have been more perfect if paired with a good chardonnay or beer! :)

Hmm I think I know where we'll be having dinner tonight...


Gino's Brick Oven Pizza, Katipunan
2/F K2 Bldg., 341 Katipunan Ave.
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 381-3963

No comments:

Post a Comment